Congratulations to Tyler Sproul, a seventh grader at Ambridge Area Junior High, whose poster was chosen by The Highmark Caring Place as one of their posters for Children's Grief Awareness Day on November 17th! Great Job, Tyler!
In STEAM, students in 3rd Grade have been using Little Bits, electronic building blocks that snap together with magnets, to learn about creating circuits! The power source blocks, input blocks and output blocks are all color coded, and they have been learning about how the input affects the output by tying in the Reading skill, "cause and effect!"
Halloween at the High School!!!
Sponsored by The Interact Club
WHEN: October 25, 2016
WHERE: Ambridge Area High School
TIME: 6 pm-8pm...
FOR ALL STUDENTS IN GRADE 6 AND UNDER.
Hope to see you there!
Todd Courson (Renick Bros) and Jody Petti (Oz Controls) start up the High Efficiency Lochinvar Boilers installed at Economy Junior High School for Constellation/Ambridge Area Schools Energy Conservation Project.
Nicole Poulos is doing a canned food drive for the Center for Hope locally based in Ambridge.
We will be collecting at the following varsity football home games by the front gates and by the band concession stand:
Collecting during school the week of October 17th.
Ask your teachers for bonus if you donate.
AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
• Responding to numerous parent concerns about the Trump Rally in the Field House
• The District will have a shortened school day for all students tomorrow Monday, October 10, 2016
• The High School and Junior High School will dismiss at 11:00 AM
• The Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12:00 noon
• Parents using their own judgment may believe it is better to keep their children home from school on Monday
• District Officials have been monitoring the planning with Law Enforcement since last week and met on Friday with Secret Service and local law enforcement and were satisfied with the planning to date – Again, today Sunday District Officials have observed planning at the Field House are satisfied with the level of national, local and district preparations.
• Keep in mind that when Mr. Trump makes his remarks at the Field House which is a separate building away from the high school building all of the district school buildings will be closed including the high school
• No student will be required to attend or encouraged to attend this rally, that decision will be up to those students and their parents
Students in Kindergarten through Sixth Grade were awarded a certificate for being chosen as Sept. Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students. Mrs. Parisi has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with Mrs. Parisi and State Street principal Mr. McKelvey in the picture are the following students: ELLA STIMMEL, CARSYN MCELROY, MAX MARMAGIN, QUINN TKATCH, ZHEKIYAH REDDICK,DAKOTA JELLISON, & JAIDA KINTER.
Congratulations to all!
Ambridge Area School District Parents and Residents:
On Monday, October 10, 2016, the Ambridge Area High School Field House (located on the corner of Duss Avenue and 8th Street) will be the site of a campaign stop sponsored by Donald Trump for President, Incorporated. The event begins at 3:30 PM.
Ambridge Area Senior High students will be dismissed at 2:00 PM to alleviate traffic in the vicinity. All students at the junior high school and each of the elementary schools will be dismissed at their regularly scheduled times.
As with other candidates seeking political office in the past the Donald Trump for President, Incorporated Campaign Committee has followed district policy in renting the field house for the campaign stop. This rental does not signify that the Ambridge Area School District endorses Donald Trump as a candidate. District policy does not permit us to discriminate against renting our facilities based on our personal political views.
The Ambridge Area School District is continually updating and implementing best practices to improve student safety. One of the latest recommended programs is ALICE. The Ambridge Area School District in conjunction with local police, will be holding a Parent Information Night in the Ambridge Area High School Auditorium at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, October 4, 2016.
Come try volleyball for free!
Ambridge Area High School will be the site of a free Open Court event for girls and boys in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades on Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 1:00-3:30pm. The high school girls' and boys' head coaches will be leading the event.
Pre-registration is not needed. No previous volleyball experience is required. We expect everyone to be brand new with the sport. Just come and have fun with the awesome sport of volleyball.